Planning a Taj Mahal Tour – Top Things to Know about Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal is the most recognizable monument ever built in India – that has graced the covers of travel magazines and acted as a great symbol for love and devotion.
If you’re planning a Taj Mahal India tour, how much do you actually know about this magnificent site? Here are a few important things you should know before booking a Taj Mahal tour on vacation:
1. Each side of Taj Mahal was designed identically using symmetry and geometry so that no matter whatever direction you approach it, you are always awarded by the same magnificent image.
2. Though Taj Mahal features unique design, one of the most appealing features is its changing color. Hence, when the reflection of sunlight reaches the white marble of the Taj Mahal, it appears different colors at different time of a day. For instance, pink color in the morning, white during the day and golden color during moon night.
3. To protect the Taj Mahal from the potential hazards like earthquake, its four minarets were constructed at a slight slant away from the Taj Mahal. This implies that if the pillars ever start collapsing, they would fall away from the structure instead of towards it, protect it from any further hazard.
4. On a Taj Mahal tour, taking a first glimpse is truly beautiful and when you see it up close, you will start appreciating the detail and care that involved in its wonderful construction. Around 28 different precious and semi-precious stones from all around the world are set into the marble.
5. The unique feature of Taj includes the passages from Quran which have been inscribed into the walls as attractive elements throughout the complex.
6. When the Taj Mahal was constructed in the 1600s, it was estimated that the cost of construction required a sum of 32 million rupees – which is over 1 billion British Pounds as per the current value.
7. There’s no doubt that Taj Mahal is an idyllic image and a World Heritage Site around the world. It took almost 22 years to complete the construction by more than 20,000 workers.
8. Taj Mahal, in Agra is one of the outstanding marvels of architecture and the Seven Wonders of the World as well as the epitome of love.
9. Constructed on the banks of River Yamuna, Taj Mahal is a magnificence of Indian culture featured with colossal architecture. You can see the replica of Taj Mahal in a massive reflecting pool that beautifully creates the mirage of Taj Mahal.
Feeling excited to take a Taj Mahal India tour? Consider booking Taj Mahal tour with Colourful Indian Holidays. Our tour packages allow you to see the picturesque locations of India that ranges from world renowned temples, Indian forts and palaces, colorful Indian culture and much more. Contact us today and let us design a well planned, perfectly executed tour itinerary for your vacation.